Freitag, Februar 19, 2010

I survive group lessons

Don't ask me why this stresses me out, but for some reason having 17 kids show up at my house in groups of 5 or 6 over the space of three days fries my brain.

We celebrated Mardi Gras after the fact. At each group, kids improvised along with Thelonius Monk and had a chance to play pieces they're learning. At the Wednesday group, one of the older kids who is a great pop improviser demonstrated how he comes up with a new piece. Then they ate king cake (I made four of them--we ate ours on Mardi Gras day) and I threw Mardi Gras beads and doubloons at them. I think I ordered them from PartyCheap.com this year.

Everything went fine, and my daughters helped with the groups their kids are in (cousins can get a little silly when together in a group with other kids). So why is my brain fried?

I hope there is enough of it left to go practice the organ for a while.

Kommentare:

Lynn hat gesagt…

Having survived the rearing of five kids, I would suggest that it is the exposure to kids-in-packs which is a significant part of the phenomenon.

Mebel Jepara hat gesagt…

Thanks Greetings Jepara Furniture Need Info Contact Us. Istana Mebel Jepara....
Furniture Jepara

No tickers