Donnerstag, Dezember 31, 2009

I lose some weight in 2009

Hopped on the scales this a.m. as I do on the last day of each month: another 3 lbs. down brought me to a round 20 lbs for the year. Slow and steady wins the race, I think.

The cool thing is that when Paul sent me to Utah Woolen Mills to pick out my birthday sweater, for the first time, the sweater I wanted fitted. I didn't have to leave it behind on the shelf and take a second choice.

Sweater


I gave up on Weight Watchers. I just make sure that my carbs for each meal are in the 45-60 gram range my dietitian recommended, and I have 20-30 gram snacks in between and before bedtime (if I remember). At least this is the goal.

What has helped me most is that in 2008 I went to Overeaters Anonymous and learned a great deal about myself and the reasons I was overeating, and this year I began using lights to treat myself for Seasonal Affective Disorder. The combination of these two changes in my thinking have helped me immensely in stopping using food as a drug. Just not thinking about food at all is a good way to not eat.

The drawback is that I sometimes find myself in mental shutdown because I have forgotten to eat and to bring snacks. For Christmas, Paul gave me a coupon to a restaurant near campus so I could go out for a decent meal while I am practicing at the music building instead of buying Fritos out of the vending machine.

A very Happy New Year and Guten Rutsch to everyone! And many red sweaters to all!

love from Tan

Kommentare:

Lynn hat gesagt…

Now that is a sweater worthy of the woman whose scarlet Easter eggs garnered her a mention on Mason-Dixon's blog and brought her into my life! Rock on, my friend, rock on!

KnitNana hat gesagt…

The important thing is to figure out what works, and you have! ;)
LOVE the sweater, and congratulations on your weight loss!!
(((Hugs)))

Tola hat gesagt…

love you!!

Terri hat gesagt…

That sweater is gorgeous!!!

Congratulations on moving forward and feeling good going in to a new year. Slow and steady are two of my favorite workds.

No tickers