Freitag, August 07, 2009

I find a scarf pattern I like

I was looking through blogs today and ran across this scarf:



I saw it on Crazy Aunt Purl, and the pattern is available for free on Freckles and Purls here.

So why am I so excited? Well, I have this yarn that I bought from Sanguine Gryphon earlier this summer.

DSCN2100
Sanguine Gryphon Little Traveller in (from left):
Mogok, Rangoon, Mandalay, Arakan


The colorways are all done in honor of her dog, Burma, whom I had a chance to meet when I went to Gryphon's dyeing workshop. I love how the yarns look together, and thought that entrelac would be a fun way to focus each color and still have a coordinated effect.

And Little Traveller is a soft, squishable yarn. It feels good.

The only problem: I don't know how to do those side triangle thingies. And now I have a pattern with side triangles.

A friend offered to copy a pattern out of Scarf Style for me, but I have a rule against taking copied patterns. I told her I was sure I had the book so she wouldn't feel bad, but I looked and I don't. You never know, I could have forgotten I had it.


Aren't you glad I didn't say eBay?

1 Kommentar:

mama hat gesagt…

YUM, I like it too, both the pattern and the yarns.

debby

No tickers