Montag, Juli 27, 2009

Never Blog Anything that has 231,665 Hits

Eh, so what, rules are made for breaking.



  • The big news:

  • Laurel had her baby on Wednesday. He weighed 8 lbs. 14 oz. and was just over 20 inches long. No pictures on the Internet, in the interest of child safety.

    Turbo and I knitted a hat for him.


    Turbo prefers British wools

    Is this a cat bed I see before me?

    Capillifolium Baby Bonnet
    Capillifolium Baby Bonnet from Piecework Magazine, knitted in Hebridean 2-ply from Virtual Yarns.


    The hat is itchy. I guess I will put a little hat band in it and line the earflaps.

  • This just in:

  • My brother broke his leg camping at Yellowstone park this morning, badly enough to require surgery. His wife called our brother-in-law, Dan, who is an ER doc to ask if he should have the surgery in nearby Rexburg, or go back home to Las Vegas. Dan said that if they went back to Las Vegas, the leg would look like a python that ate a pig by the time they got there.

    The illustration from The Little Prince comes to mind. Of course, that was neither a python nor a pig.

  • Drumroll:

  • Ruth Ann has finished chemotherapy! Hurray! She can grow hair again!

    Kommentare:

    Lynn hat gesagt…

    See, I *knew* camping was not good for one's health! Here's to a quick and impeccable healing.

    mama hat gesagt…

    Tan, the hat is just soooooooooooo cute! Kirby/Ian will look darling in it. I agree, it should get some ribbon inside it for a hat band. Fat satin ribbon should be easy enough. cute, cute, cute!

    Debby

    socksstreet hat gesagt…

    Tan, you moved with your blog - good decision to leave a comment in my blog ;o) And never mind - you can write in English too!

    This little had I `ve just seen in Ravelry, it`s so cute!! :o)

    so, I subscribed to your blog with Bloglines too :o)
    Ute

    margene hat gesagt…

    The hat is darling!
    So much is happening to your family. Congrats on the new babe and good luck to your brother!

    KnitNana hat gesagt…

    My thoughts are with all of you!

    The hat is gorgeous. What beautiful work...
    (and thank you for that video!)
    (((Hugs)))

    Missis Rosalie's Blog hat gesagt…

    Hi ! I just wanted to state that you actually succeeded in creating a gorgeous portal. And there is one thing which I would like to ask you. Have you ever participated in any competitions that involve bloggers?

    No tickers