Donnerstag, April 16, 2009

Blossom Snow

DSCN1558

blossom snow

peach blossom snow


I spent a few hours yesterday with my sister in the infusion room at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Her daughter, probably the nicest 13-year-old in the world, was there too, doing her homework. We went to lunch and then drove home in the snow.

The infusion room is emotionally draining for everyone. For the patients, there is the added fear and physical exhaustion caused by the disease and its treatment. Of course there is hope, too. That's why we were all there, because we hope we can beat cancer in our own various ways, whether nurse, patient, or visitor.

I worked on another chemo cap.

DSCN1563
Lisa's and Katie's Berets from Through the Loops;
knitted in Rowan Calmer


The test knit I did is for sale now, so I can show my pictures. The first one is a little cloudy. I think I need to do a photo shoot in better light. When there is some.

DSCN1495
Ammonit Stole from Arlene's World of Lace;
Wollmeise Lacegarn in Blue Suzanne


It is done in short rows, and so makes interesting use of variegated yarn.

DSCN1482

DSCN1481

DSCN1494
I don't know why it's so hard to take a picture without a cat in it

Kommentare:

KnitNana hat gesagt…

Keeping your sister in my prayers.

And those snow on blossom shots are truly stunning...
How very peaceful!
(((hugs)))

Tola hat gesagt…

amazing

No tickers