Sonntag, März 29, 2009

No Spring Chicken

DSCN1521


The spring knitting got off to a good start. I got the projects into bags.

Spring projects

The big bag is the Vera Bradley Supertote in Pink Elephants;see It is Still Snowing for info on other bags


The chickens are in the red Loopy Ewe bag. The sheep bag has a leftover sock that was previously inhabiting the big bag, all by itself.

I swatched for the Cotton Fleece project

Carribean Sea Cotton Fleece

and knitted a chicken.

DSCN1518

Chicken is sitting on the Posy Bag from Nana Sadie Rose. The Posy Bag is perfect for knitting from both sides of a yarn cake because it is just the right size to keep the cake from flipping


But then the Blue Moon club kit showed up.

Oh, sorry, spoiler warning.

Let's have some more chicken pictures.

From the back:

chicken

He is awaiting two more tail feathers, a tan one because Vonnie didn't buy that color in DK weight so I ordered it from WEBS, and a blue one because I was being frugal and didn't buy it; I will pick one up tomorrow


In the snow (did I mention it snowed 6" in two hours this morning?):

DSCN1523


OK, now can I show you the Blue Moon kit?

Rogue Roses

Pattern: Rogue Roses by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee; yarn: Socks that Rock Mediumweight in Gertrude Skein by Blue Moon Fiber Arts


I think I will start the sleeves to Baby M's aqua sweater after I finish the picot top to the Rogue Roses socks.

Or when it stops snowing.

Whichever comes first.

1 Kommentar:

margene hat gesagt…

That is one cute chicky!

No tickers