Montag, Jänner 12, 2009

I Am Still Here

I got three boxes of harp parts out the door with FedEx around 9:00 a.m. today.

Shipping and repair are going to be free, except I asked for new strings . . . about 1/3 of them broke anyway when the harp disintegrated, and I cut the rest off with scissors and pruning shears.

Still feeling wimpy from having had the flu.

Early Music starting today. Whether to take the recorders in for repairs before class, or use them with messed up cork? That is the question.

The computer I do all my work on is in the shop. Will it come back in time to print all the materials I need for teaching starting at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning? When I called it was still disassembled on the bench.

My big debut on Largo al Factotem tonight at the Care Center. Chris is doing the singing, don't worry ("Figaro! Figaro!"). And I am playing my own simplified version of the piano reduction, in which at any given time I am leaving out from 1/2 to 2/3 of the notes.

I knitted three rows on my sweater while listening to recordings of Chris singing the Largo. I need to be able to hear when to change chords in the patter section because I can't count it for some reason.

See y'all later.

Kommentare:

The Sanguine Gryphon hat gesagt…

Psst, just tagged you for a silly meme.

smariek hat gesagt…

Hope the harp comes back better than new.

No tickers