Montag, Jänner 05, 2009

Can We Fix It? Hey, Don't Look at Me.

DSCN1458

Where's Bob the Builder when I really need him?


click Bob









I haven't played any harps since Christmas Eve, when the family got together to play carols. I got the flu a couple of days after Christmas, and just started feeling normal yesterday. Chris went in there to practice yesterday and noticed this:

DSCN1457
DSCN1455
DSCN1454


I sent the pictures to the builder (Dave, not Bob) and he thinks a flaw in the wood grain at a key tension spot caused it to spontaneously deconstruct.

Definition: Chaos
Systems whose states evolve with time – that may exhibit dynamics that are highly sensitive to initial conditions (popularly referred to as the butterfly effect). As a result of this sensitivity, which manifests itself as an exponential growth of perturbations in the initial conditions, the behavior of chaotic systems appears to be random. This happens even though these systems are deterministic, meaning that their future dynamics are fully defined by their initial conditions, with no random elements involved. This behavior is known as deterministic chaos, or simply chaos.




And you wonder why I call my blog
Vortex of Chaos.




The harp is under warranty. I still have the shipping box. Of course I have to take off all the strings and remove the pillar before I pack it up to send it back, so that it won't damage the soundbox during shipping. I can hardly lift the shipping box. It weighs more than the harp.

I can think of one or two things I would rather do today.

Kommentare:

Margene hat gesagt…

That must have caused you amazed grief!

knitandnosh hat gesagt…

That is so hard to look at, it took my breath away. I hope they can fix it, and soon.

KnitNana hat gesagt…

OMG. That just makes me sick to my stomach.
I can imagine how it made you feel.
((((Hugs))))

Justin hat gesagt…

wow. that's a doozey.
Hope it fixes up nice 'n perdy.
I have some wood glue if you want to borrow it.

No tickers