Montag, Dezember 01, 2008

Some Christmas CDs and a book for you

My favorite new Christmas CD this year is this one:


Click the picture to order


It has some of my favorite Christmas music on it, including John Rutter's What Sweeter Music and Morten Lauridsen's O Magnum Mysterium, as well as some witty arrangements that are just for fun. Nothing says Christmas quite so well as a brass ensemble.

If you need another recommendation for this CD, Howard took it home with him. Maybe you have to know Howard for that to mean anything.



Click the picture for bio;
from the UPB website click "Member Bios" and then click "Howard Summers"


I paid for this guy's music lessons, so I value his opinion.

Here's what else I really enjoyed listening to today while getting ready to decorate our tree (and making our belated Thanksgiving dinner):


Click the picture to order


Kim Robertson is one of the best Celtic harpists I have heard, and the arrangements on this CD are interesting and beautiful. Plus it's a good recording. Sometimes you hear harp on a CD and it sounds like piano, or someone whacking the side of the fridge. This actually sounds like a harp. Nothing says Christmas quite so well as a harp.

What, you think I'm contradicting myself? Hrrrrrmph.

Book Review:


Click the picture to order


It's a non-Harry Potter view on the training of the young magician. Told in alternating first-person Djinn and 3rd person wizardling, it's well-written and quick-moving. I'm listening to the Audible download and enjoying the reader. This is the first of a trilogy.

No pictures of today's knitting; I will try to photo it tomorrow. Or maybe I will finish decorating the tree.

Note to Tan: Do not get out the blown glass ornaments until AFTER the kids have gone to bed. Kudos to Laurel, who saved said glass ornaments from possible (certain?) disaster while I went to get the safe ones out of the closet.

Keine Kommentare:

No tickers