Mittwoch, Dezember 31, 2008

Guten Rutsch!

I had to have my Ravelry friend, Waldmaus, explain that to me. Everyone I know who speaks German says it on New Year's Eve, but it means "Good slide," not "Happy New Year." Now I know it's a wish to get us over the hump into the new year. Tomorrow we will appropriately say, "Gutes neues Jahr!"

I wish my Rutsch would leave the flu behind. Yes, I had a flu shot, but they aren't 100%. I have fever and a horribly stuffy, runny nose and can't sleep, but I don't think I will get pneumonia.

I think I will be able to leave Paul's scarf behind in 2008 as well. I am ready to shape the shawl collar edge.

Mars from Twist Collective

Since I went up a total of three needle sizes, I have fewer rows, so I had to recalculate the shaping instructions. We will see how this works.

And I'm planning for New Year's Day. Whatever you do on New Year's Day is what you will do throughout the year. My list:

  • Study scriptures

  • I am currently researching references to fear (anxiety is just a kind of fear) in the Bible and have made it through Leviticus, using LDS Books, an iPod touch application

  • Knit

  • I want to start the hat that goes with Paul's scarf

  • Spin

  • Lancelot and Gwenhwyfar arrived in today's mail

    Lancelot and Gwenhwyfar

  • Visit with family

  • Celia is having a luncheon

  • Get a new phone

  • Yikes--I hope I only have to do that once in 2009

  • Play music
  • I oiled all the recorders last week, but maybe I should pick an instrument I don't have to breathe on.

    DSCN1431

    So--what are your plans for New Year's Day?

    Kommentare:

    tapmouse hat gesagt…

    Your recorders are beautiful! I'm such a sucker for nice wood-must be why I covet the spindles! I love your new batts, too! I got a couple from Sanguine Gryphon a while back-LOVE them!

    knitandnosh hat gesagt…

    I love the idea of doing on New Year's Day what you want to do throughout the year. SO, tomorrow (today) I will knit and I will spin. I will write and I will make contact with family. I will clean house and work in the yard. I will do something with each of the children and make love with Husband.
    That should make for a pretty full year.
    Thank you Tan!

    Anonym hat gesagt…

    Gute Besserung!
    Waltraud

    No tickers