Montag, Oktober 20, 2008

I try monogamous knitting

All I have worked on for three weeks is Princess Pea's Brambling sweater.

I finished it at about 1:00 a.m. on Sunday morning

Pale Barney 1


only to try it on The Pea and learn that what had looked suspiciously like gorilla arms (do you read The Yarn Harlot's books?) were, in fact, gorilla arms.

I think my efforts to put a real sleeve cap on the sleeves might have had something to do with it, but I also think that I just can't measure.

I clipped a thread on each sleeve as close to the armpit as possible, and another thread 24 rows below that, and unpicked both rows on each one. I released the underarm sleeve seams, grafted the sleeves back together, and re-sewed the seam.

Time-consuming, yes, but not as bad as unpicking the sleeve out of the armhole, frogging, and reknitting. It looks much less like a gorilla thing now. ETA: and it fits The Pea now.

Pale Barney 2


Hey, what do you know? It's 1:00 a.m. again.

I thought I could whip this out in a week by knitting on it monogamously. It took three weeks.

Next: A Hanna Falkenburg kit for Wee Meggie.

I don't think it will be faster, even though I am only knitting size 2. It uses tiny yarn and needles. It has bobbles.

I wonder how long I can keep up this monogamous knitting thing.

Kommentare:

Lynn hat gesagt…

I got Eleanora most of the way through chart #1 before it was time to leave for church. So I wound the Koigu into cakes and cast on a simple stockinette sock for church knitting. And as soon as I can sit still long enough to finish the calculations to upsize it, I will cast on either the Sunrise Circle Jacket or the turquoise crop cardi.

I'm knitting Eleanora on 00's; it's going to take awhile...

Tola hat gesagt…

youre nuts. i love you, but youre nuts!

KnitNana hat gesagt…

You couldn't pay me to be monogamous.
But then I work in an office during the week, and I gotta have socks OTN for lunchtime.
(not to mention my ADD)
(((Hugs)))

No tickers