Samstag, August 23, 2008

Hear me roar!

I had a really busy week, but I survived it!

  • Sunday

  • I drove to Provo and helped my friend, Sue, make some plans for her husband's funeral. I came home with a stack of CDs to put together a CD mix for the funeral and the luncheon. Then we had M2's birthday party.

  • Monday

  • I did dishes and ripped CDs all morning, then went to Costco, Target, a pawn shop, an antique shop, and the Needlepoint Joint picking up things for my parents. Then I drove to Mackay.

  • Tuesday

  • I took my dad to his doctor's appointment in Idaho Falls. I also saved my parents from death by food poisoning when I threw out stew that had been sitting, warm but uncooked, in their crockpot for 26 hours. I talked with Robin about getting them a new crockpot. Then I drove home.

  • Wednesday

  • I met with the minister of St. Mary's Episcopal Church in Provo where Sue was having her husband's funeral. We went through the prayer book with sticky notes and figured out where music would fit in. I ran through the hymn for Communion, not one I knew, on St. Mary's adorable little pipe organ.

    Then I went to Amber's and worked on my CDs some more, practiced Ave Maria with Amber and the quartet's music by myself, and then met with the quartet and practiced with them.

    On the way home I prayed for a miracle. I have not been practicing enough lately to feel good about playing that much unfamiliar music on less than a day's notice and have a good result.

    I stayed up until 11:00 finalizing the CD for the CD and putting the music for the luncheon on my iPod.

  • Thursday

  • I left home before 7:00 a.m. and got to the church in time to do a sound check on the organ and the CD. All the music went fine. The quartet was wonderful, and Amber's cello playing made me cry all the way through the Ave Maria. I started playing too soon during communion, but Reverend West kindly said she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

    I think Sue had expected 50 people for the funeral, but her nephew counted at least 115 people. It was a wonderful tribute to Mike and Sue.

    The only thing that didn't work was that I brought the wrong connector for the iPod and we couldn't use the music I brought. I knew I should have stopped by the restaurant and looked at sound system. But when?

    All week, whenever I started to panic, I remembered what my therapist said and just told myself I only had to do the next thing on my list. Instead of worrying about what might happen, I did as much advance research as I could so that there weren't any unknowns to trip me up. Except for the glitch with the restaurant's music system.

    In Other News

    I got Wollmeise in the mail. I only photo'ed one of them so far.

    Wollmeise Campari Orange

    I entered both Joanne and me in the Wollmeise club lottery. I have already had one miracle this week. Maybe we will get in anyway.

    Kommentare:

    Lynn hat gesagt…

    Yes, a very good week, funeral notwithstanding. And Wollmeise for dessert! I figure that by the time I have worked through the majority of my stash, other knitters will have moved on to the Next Big Thing, and ordinary mortals like me will have a chance :)

    KnitNana hat gesagt…

    I'm so proud of you, and you have every right to be, too. No panic! Whoohoo...

    My sincere condolences to your friend. Losing her husband has to be very hard...and what a good friend you are, to do everything you did.

    Can't wait to see more yarn, this is lovely!
    (((((hugs)))))

    Anonym hat gesagt…

    (((((Hugs)))) and I hope, it is true that miracles come in triplets!
    Waltraud

    No tickers