Dienstag, Juli 01, 2008

Dragon Dance

I finished looping my socks and have blocked them.

dragon dance1


I think it's cute that the socks spiral in sync when laid out side-by-side.

dragon dance2


Now I'm working on finding the right pattern for some handspun. This is for an exchange that's three years overdue. I think it's going to need some cables, because a simple knit and purl pattern doesn't show up very well against the light and dark textures of the yarn.



I'm going to try smarieknits's Persephone pattern; only I will have to chart the stitches. In the battle of visual v. verbal, visual wins in my brain.

Until I get around to doing that, I'm going to start my Frenchman's Creek socks. It seems wrong to be one of the few whose kit has come, but not be knitting it.



ETA: 1:54 p.m. to add Persephone link

Kommentare:

Margene hat gesagt…

Dragon Dance socks are very cool...but the French Creek with the lace cuff is exceptional!

Anonym hat gesagt…

I really didn't look!
Waltraud

tapmouse hat gesagt…

I love the looping you did! YOu are always so clever, Tan! Glad that rattlesnake was spot before anyone got hurt.

and the rose beads...I love how striking the red is on the socks-classic combo that works so well.

No tickers