Freitag, Juni 20, 2008

A rose is a rose is a bead

Happy Solstice, everyone! I am a little sad at the prospect that the days will be getting shorter now. Ironically, I love winter but don't function well in the dark.

But it's summer now; we must enjoy it while we can!

My project for the day:

I am trying to decide which beads to put on my Briar Rose socks.

If I go with the red beads, I can have some buds in the gorgeous red yarn that Gryphon sent with the kit.

red


On the other hand, these pink ones are so delicate and pretty! I probably have some pink yarn that would give me matching rosebuds.

pink


I don't like how the lavender ones look on the grey, but they will be fun to use in a grandkid project.

lavender


I probably ought to go with the red ones. They match my house.



P.S. I like having a singer back in the house. He is doing Puccini right now.

Kommentare:

Lynn hat gesagt…

Red climbing roses at the door? Lavender growing near the front step? All this, and Puccini too?

The lavender beads would go well with a silvery grey, but I agree, not with these socks.

Margene hat gesagt…

Love the red...go with red!

Paula B hat gesagt…

I vote red as well... (You have such a kewl neighborhood)

Anonym hat gesagt…

I like the idea of matching the socks to the house, but the singer sure is great, too.
Waldmaus

KnitNana hat gesagt…

I LOVE the shot of your front door!!! PERFECTION. That's the house of my dreams...lavender and roses...
(((Hugs)))

No tickers