Mittwoch, Mai 14, 2008

It's all relative

Progress? Hard to tell.

I managed to finish the embroidery on one Firebird sock.

Firebird


It's tempting to leave the other one plain.

Firebirds


Can you see the bird in the plain one? See, it's that basketweave area outlined in slip stitches? OK, maybe not. But that one sock represents two days of embroidery, with not much time off for good behavior.

I thought about embellishing with additional beads, but I bet I will not have the patience.

Don't tell anyone on Ravelry. Paul thought they looked like sea monsters.

I have been to two Overeaters Anonymous meetings. I got some books from Amazon.com and have read and accepted steps one and two. I have met some nice people; and I have met some strange ones. It appears that people can become addicted to 12-Step programs.

Now I am trying to tell myself I can do it by myself and don't need the program.

Uh hunh. Right.

Kommentare:

L-B hat gesagt…

Any resemblance to Chessie is purely coincidental!

I think your Firebirds are lovely!

The Sanguine Gryphon hat gesagt…

Doesn't look a damned thing like a sea monster! Not snakey enough.

(Ich hab' erst jetzt bemerkt dass Dein Blog auf Deutsch ist - sehr komisch!)

KnitNana hat gesagt…

I think that "bargaining" is part of the process, isn't it? (never having been in a 12 step program)
The Firebird resembles a partridge.
:)
I'd do the other one.
but then, I AM a touch OCD.
(((hugs)))

The Sanguine Gryphon hat gesagt…

Me again. I tagged you for a meem! Check on my blog: sanguinegryphon.blogspot.com

No tickers