No tickers

Donnerstag, Mai 15, 2008

Getting to know you . . . er me . . . er meme

The Sanguine Gryphon tagged me with this meme (incidentally, be sure to check out her shop website, The Sanguine Gryphon Fiber Arts):

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.


1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Ten years ago I was sandbagging my yard. It's not supposed to rain in Utah in the summer. We live in a desert, right? Only 1998 was the year we decided to landscape our backyard and hauled in seven truckloads of topsoil. And it rained all summer. The yard washed away three times. The neighbors blamed me, thereby elevating me to the status of a minor deity, since flooding is generally considered an Act of God.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

  • stay on my food plan

  • play with OE

  • clean my kitchen

  • finish my Leafling Socks

  • read Step 3 in my Overeaters Anonymous book


  • 3) Snacks I enjoy:

    Should we just discuss the healthy snacks? An apple with a piece of cheese. A yogurt. A bowl of fresh cucumbers with vinegar, salt and pepper on them. A tomato.

    Or should we go over the binge foods? Sweetened condensed milk, straight up. Cream and sugar on pretty much any cereal or fruit product. Cherry chocolates. Chocolate-covered almonds. Cookie dough. Cake batter . . .

    4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

    If I were a billionaire--you didn't say just one billion, did you?--I would buy Burma and put the current government on an island where the people of the world could vote them off one by one (Onto another island? Into a shark?), and some nice group of people could rule Burma instead. Maybe some nice Burmese mothers' group who just want to see everyone fed, clothed, and tucked safely into bed at night.

    5) Places I have lived:

    Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Louisiana, Virginia (some of them twice at different times)

    6) Peeps I want to know more about:

    Claudia aka die Wollmeise
    Tapmouse
    Nartian
    Miriam
    Ute of Socks Street

    Kommentare:

    Stilaholic Nartian knits hat gesagt…

    Okay then. I played!

    tapmouse hat gesagt…

    Me too, (I played!). But I know you already saw, Tan!

    And I had no idea you were a minor deity! BTW, does OE mean you've given up on WW? Hang in there!