Mittwoch, März 19, 2008

Eye Candy, er, what day is it today?

opera center1


This is the big poster on the front of the Portland Opera Center. Please click for big, the guy in the picture is Chris! This is from Return of Ulysses last year, with Kendra Herrington.

opera center2


Here is E's hoodie, before buttons--I forgot to photo it after we got the buttons on.

Hoodie


And now, the shopping.

From Knit Purl:

knit purl shopping
From left: Handmaiden Camelspin "Midnight"; Noro Kureyon Sock (did you know that Kureyon is Japanese for "crayon" and is pretty much pronounced like it too?) in color S188; Colinette Jitterbug in #159, "Morello Mash"


and one that got knitted while I was in Portland:

shibui sock spectrum
Shibui Sock in "Spectrum"


From Farmhouse Knits:

farmhouse shopping
All yarns by Blue Moon Fiber Arts; from left: Tabitha (75% cotton 25% rayon) in Thunder; Slinky (50% cotton 40%nylon 10% polyamide) in Ruby Slippers; Luna (100% nylon) in Cobblestone County; Slinky in Sea Breeze


Some photos from Farmhouse:


farmhouse1

farmhouse2

farmhouse3

farmhouse4

farmhouse5

farmhouse6


It might be a little harder to shop when the yarn is organized by color, but it's certainly fun to look at.

Kommentare:

Tola hat gesagt…

oooh hurry and knit up that Noro sock yarn, i want to hear what you think about it. i like mine, but ive only washed the socks about 3 times so far. i knit them on a 1/2 size larger needle than i usually do, because it's not superwash. im thinking about another skein, but at either $19 or $21 each (depending on which store you get it at) i have other things i want to buy.

tapmouse hat gesagt…

Blogger put me on 'time out' when I tried to comment. I guess I've been in the corner long enough and get to post now! I *said* I loved all your new acquisitions! I *said* I loved that Kureyon lesson-and I totally *get* it now--Ku-RAy-on! Yeah!-doh!

Leslie

Katherine hat gesagt…

I love the Shibui socks! I did some research on your blog looking for more information about your book, but didn't find it. I hope you will tell us more about it. Interesting title! I helped a community group restore an ancient graveyard once, and since then I have been facinated by them.

No tickers