Freitag, Februar 15, 2008

This is going to be ugly.

I was looking for buttons. I didn't find the buttons but I photo'd my sock yarn stash as I looked. Here they are. The raw, unretouched photos. Like I said, this is going to be ugly. These are on Flickr; click for big

There is yarn in bins.

P2140006

P2140008

P2140007

There is yarn in bags.

P2140005

P2140004

Some is in closets.

P2140001

P2140009

Some is in heaps.

P2140003

P2140002

Some is just stashed in corners until I figure out what to do with it.

P2140011

P2140010

Did I mention this is just the sock yarn?

I know, it's a terrible way to live. My yarn and sewing used to be well-organized. I can do it again. I WILL do it again! YES!

Kommentare:

Lynn hat gesagt…

It's yarn. Masses and masses of yarn that is unchewed-by-moths; ergo it is *beautiful*. I suggest you start thinking of it as "teeming abundantly".

All the yarn I've bought in the past two years is more or less sorted by weight. There are fugitive skeins and balls, here and there, but mostly I know what I have [that is new] and where it is. The older stuff is in boxes and storage bins, and the yarn I bought from Brother Stilts is in a large green and white striped laundry bag, the better to fool the moths.

Wish I could nip up there over the long weekend and help you organize it. By color? One of the shops in FW is organized by color, and I like it. Another is organized by weight, and I like that, too. And you have the option of sorting it out by fiber.

Do not think of it as clutter, ma'am. Think of it as having a year's supply of something beautiful and useful, which makes you happy.

tapmouse hat gesagt…

Of course, I had to look at just about every photo up-close!-lol! Ooooooh, aaaaaahhhhh, woooooowwww!!!! Now I don't feel so bad about my 'wall of shame', though believe me, mine is pretty bad! My sock yarn stash may not be as vast, but I have much less space!

Tola hat gesagt…

can i send you my Trekking wish-list? just kidding. it looks lovely, and you deserve it.

Paula B hat gesagt…

Are you sure you really LIKE all those skeins? Maybe you want to export some of it... How about to poor little me in Magna!!?

terri hat gesagt…

In the next to the last picture, on the left hand side, are two BEAUTIFUL skeins of black and brown. What are they? I need to go find some.

Wendy hat gesagt…

Ugly...No way! It's the most beautiful sight I've seen today! I was stressing and feeling guilty over how much yarn I've collected and I even bought some today! Thanks for sharing the pictures. You made me feel a whole lot better!!!

KnitNana hat gesagt…

I'd never call it ugly - it's SOCK YARN!!!
Whooohooo!!!
(((Hugs)))

No tickers