Freitag, Dezember 28, 2007

On the Twenty-Eight Day of December . . .

. . . I didn't exactly celebrate my birthday. I woke up with a sore throat and headache, so decided not to go yarn crawling with Teri. And no party because Paul was on call. Todd and I pretty much always have our party together, the date often based on when Paul is available to celebrate with us. So this year we're partying on Todd's birthday tomorrow.

I did get some birthday wishes from online and local friends, which I appreciate, and some family members called up. I had to remind my mom why she was calling.

And Chris did brave the icy streets and bring home curry and Winter White Chocolate ice cream. I'm holding out on the ice cream until I can have it as a reward after I finish getting the last bits of dog-chewed whatever, crumpled knitting patterns, leftover yarn, etc. out of my room. It's astonishing what accumulated while I was freaking out over my composition projects and getting ready for Christmas.

When it's just Paul and me here, I can sit in front of the family room TV and knit. When there are other people here, I want my love seat in the bedroom. And if the bedroom is messy, I can't knit. And if there is other stuff needing to be done that seems more important than my own comfort, I can't organize my private area but feel as if I have to take care of the public stuff. So very little knitting has been going on this month and that's why. Sharman and her bunch very kindly helped considerably with the project, which I deeply appreciate.

. . . the TiVo saga continued. No cable guy today; the TiVo decided to do it's final software update right when the CG was due. However, that brought the new TiVo, Chewbacca, up to current status, which meant that it can now share files with my TiVo in the bedroom, Solo. So right now Sharman and Chris are watching Tin Man on Chewbacca, which it is downloading from Solo. Is that cool or what? Of course we still can't watch any of the network news shows. We have a TiVo news blackout. Supposedly Comcast is sending someone to look at the cable card issue tomorrow.

So. Will there be knitting content tomorrow? Will there be birthday gifts? Will Chewbacca's therapy session with the CG be successful? Watch Eyewitness Not-News at 10:00 for the full story.

Kommentare:

catsmum hat gesagt…

as one december babie to another - many happys [ albeit a bit late ]

Laritza hat gesagt…

Happy late Birthday! I hope you are feeling better.

Lynn hat gesagt…

A day late, and being me, a dollar short. Hope you wake up / woke up feeling much better today.

Who makes that ice cream?

Margene hat gesagt…

I hope you're feeling much better! I had to make a trip to the Dr. myself.

Stilaholic Nartian knits hat gesagt…

Happy Birthday & get well soon!

Tola hat gesagt…

happy birthday from us! we made it to PA, now the unpacking begins. oh yay.

No tickers