Donnerstag, Dezember 13, 2007

On the Thirteenth Day of December . . .

. . . 4:00 a.m.

The saffron makes the milk a wonderful color.


. . . 4:45 a.m.

I used this recipe


. . . 6:20 a.m.

Isn't this a terrific Viking design? This shape must have been around for millenia


. . . 7:00 a.m. Just in time for Paul to drop off Laura's Lussekatter when he picks up her husband for work; I took a plate to Laurel. Piper was only interested in the doll's candle headdress.



From yesterday:

The mailman brought a Christmas present for me to open early.



It's from my friend Jeanne in Iowa. Her gift is one of the items I am supposedly knitting. However, yesterday's knitting time was eaten by my harp and a trip to the grocery for saffron--I was sure I had some, but I think I gave it to one of the girls "because I never use it."

The harp got the biggest chunk. I have not been keeping that particular harp tuned, which is one of the worst things you can do to a harp.* I am supposed to play it at a church breakfast on Saturday. It took it two tunings to make it playable at all, and a third tuning halfway through the practice session. This morning it held better, but it has a wolf tone that is driving me bonkers. Will today's knitting time be eaten by the wolf as I try to find the metal discs the harpmaker sent me to install in hopes of getting rid of said wolf?

Later: I just realized that I forgot to knit a Christmas stocking for Baby Aeowyn. I wonder where I put the pattern?

*not as bad as kicking it down the stairs to smash into toothpicks, or leaving it in a hot car to come unglued, or parking it under a downspout to swell and split, but not good, either.

1 Kommentar:

Laurel hat gesagt…

The Lussekatter were delicious! Thank you! (I wish I had taken a picture of the doll delivering them.)

No tickers