Montag, Dezember 17, 2007

On the Seventeenth Day of December . . .

. . . let's see what I can actually get done in one day.

First UPS and the post office. Today is supposed to be the busiest mailing day of the year, but I have some things that must go.

For starters, there's a box of Christmas goodies for my parents, since they will be on their own for Christmas (their actual gifts are already on the way).

From Liberty Heights Fresh


A short break to rescue Aeowyn's stocking from Che . . .





I bought the wrong fire engine for OE, but I hated to send it back. Robin will take it to Portland for her little R. Mom shopped for that CD while she was here but got tired and gave up.



LATER--40 minutes in line at UPS and 30 minutes at the Post Office. Not bad for the busiest mailing day of the year. Armed with my iPod (Solitaire and a Terry Pratchett audio), I felt no pain.

Next order of business: Corn and bean salsa. Check out the recipe here. This stuff is to die for.

And finally, Aeowyn's stocking. Here it is at 10:30 p.m.:



I've got just a few inches to the heel, and then I'll put it away. Tomorrow: cleaning up, with the kids arriving in the evening.

Kommentare:

Tola hat gesagt…

Two trips to DI to drop off stuff, Distribution Center to get more unnerwares, two other LDS bookstores searching for my favourite pen (no luck), dropped off a gift to a friend and watched her 3-yo destroy it in about two seconds (why did i even bother?), the neighbours took my couch and my table (with my permission), schlepping boxes downstairs from upstairs, and knitting a few rounds of my sock as a reward for getting so much done. that stocking is gorgeous, BTW!

KnitNana hat gesagt…

Che! You are SOOOOOO Busted!
(((hugs)))

No tickers