Dienstag, Dezember 04, 2007

On the Fourth Day of December . . .

. . . I dug out my much used and abused favorite mitten pattern

An all yarns/all sizes pattern by Ann Budd from Interweave Knits Fall 2000 issue


and analyzed the yarns the grandkids have picked out for their annual (or as it's getting to be, biannual) mittens.

OE's choices:

Left: Colinette Jitterbug in Blue Parrot; Right: Interlacements Tiny Toes colorway 216;


He was most in awe over the Blue Parrot. I knew he would be.

M1's choice:

You go, girl, there WAS another Somoko in the stash! From Fleece Artist, Fruit Punch



Princess P's choices:

From left: Half-skein Colinette Jitterbug in Fire; Cherry Tree Hill in Apple Blossom; Blue Moon Fiber Arts Seduction in Hard Rock; Yarn Pirate BFL, club selection; Dharmafey bamboo yarn in Prisoner of Azkaban, a Potter Covers selection; Blue Moon STR Silky in Knitty Rocks and Xmas Rocks (those two--separated at birth?)


Me: All of them?

P: Uh Huh!

In actual fact, the purple Yarn Pirate has E's name written all over it. And I want to knit the Prisoner colorway for myself so Joanne and I will have matching club socks. I had the Xmas Rocks earmarked for P already.

As of right now I'm planning on doubling the sock yarns to get the grist I like to use for kid mittens. If I line the balls up I should be able to maintain the stripes.

Several people have said they want plain red, and A wants an American flag on his. I'm thinking an applique. Or puff paint.

Just kidding. No puff paint.

. . . I tried to decide if I'm glad I have three more weeks to get ready for my winter holiday, or if I really wish mine would be over with by next week like some people I know. Hey, you guys with the early holiday:

Happy Hannukah!


For the rest of us:

How to play dreidel




Too bad Trusty ate our dreidel. I will have to find another one. Or make one out of clay, heh heh.

Audrey, the fudge recipe we used yesterday, from Diana's Kitchen, was way simple. Next I want to try this one from Hillbilly Housewife, not least because of her website name. I might try it on Saturday for the tree decorating party that's planned for Sunday. I expect the piano kids to finish off the fudge we made yesterday at their Christmas party tomorrow, so we will need more.

Kommentare:

Dharmafey hat gesagt…

omigosh--I can't believe my yarn is there lying next to STR. I have to go sit down now.

The kids have wonderful taste!

Joanne hat gesagt…

Yes! I wouldn't mind being a prisoner of Azkaban... as long as I got to wear the socks. I'll take perks where I can get them.
btw - love the advent calender you got going here.

No tickers