Samstag, Dezember 01, 2007

On the First Day of December . . .

. . . we woke to snow.

There is a lot more snow now; it is up to Trusty's knees. Not quite up to the top of my Wellies.


It was too early to get up so I watched the Christmas episode of Bones, where I saw this hat:




I am going to knit it. I will keep you posted.

We had the Early Music Concert. It is over. It went fine. I am too tired to feel anything but relieved. I have to be honest with myself. I like playing early music, and our coach, Mary Johnson, is very knowledgeable. She knows the instruments, and she knows the repertoire. It's really worthwhile to be in the ensemble.

I just hate performing, that's all. So I just have to bite the bullet and acknowledge that the price I pay for three months of enjoyment is a few stressful days around the time of the performance. Yesterday on the way to dress rehearsal I felt that something really terrible was going to happen. It was such a strong feeling that unless the earth was about to be hit by an asteroid, it was ridiculous. I just prayed that if something that bad was going to happen that I would do the right thing. Of course nothing bad happened. Miss Meltdown from a few weeks ago even spoke to me.

And then today I woke up at 5:00 a.m. having a tachycardia event, which could be explained by one of my medications, but was more likely performance-related panic. Taking pictures of the hat off the TV at Paul's suggestion got my mind off it so my heart rate could go back to normal. This is why I think it was from panic, and not from medication.

Paul deserves a prize. He drove me to the concert early, then went off and bought a rug to put under my harps since I had forgotten to get one. And now he is out buying something to put in the crockpot tomorrow so we will have something to eat after we pick up my mother in Pocatello for her ongoing medical tests.

It's been a long day. I would like to go to bed, but it is barely 8:00 p.m. so I am going to go watch Lord of the Rings and wrap presents.

Kommentare:

Lynn hat gesagt…

Well, I'm learning [a little] German from your blog. More, really, than I did from Das Buch Mormon, except for "und es begab sich", which I can now say in four languages.

Wrapping presents. Something I think I've always loved to do, that I don't get to do as much as I used to, now that the kids are all grown and we draw names. Like knitting, like yoga, it is one of those essentially simple tasks that can be so satisfying.

I hope it's as much fun for you, and that you went to bed at what you consider a proper hour, unwound but not unstrung.

Thank you for giving me the germ of an idea for a future post of my own.

[[[Hugs]]] from TX.

Tola hat gesagt…

there is nothing wrong with going to bed early. since i am a night-owl, sometimes when i feel the need to sleep early, i just go with it and feel virtuous. it will be okay.

hugs

No tickers