Freitag, November 02, 2007

Who would you share your toothbrush with?



Me neither.

At least not on purpose.

But guess who I caught chewing on it.

So I now have a new toothbrush, and I am keeping it in a drawer.

Sometimes you just have to gag and get on with your life.

I got quite a lot done on my Lenore socks while driving to and from Idaho yesterday. Well actually, Paul was driving. He even let me have a light on after it got dark on the way back.

Lenore yarn and pattern from Blue Moon Fiber Arts; the October club kit; it will be available to non-club members some time next year


I suspect the stitch pattern might not be way comfy in shoes, but I tried something less bumpy and it wasn't as cute. The Yarn Harlot rules.

the Lenore pattern was designed by Stephanie Pearl McPhee


My stay-on-the-couch project has been a lacy cardi for Meagan.

Wiggles and Waves pattern not yet available apparently; I got one from a friend of the designer. The yarns are Blue Moon Fiber Arts STR mediumweight in Gingerbread Dude and (accent color) Brick.


This is Blue Moon's Grinchy Grouchy kit. I am hoping to get two pair out of it. Celia definitely gets one, since she's married to The Grinch. I would knit a pair for him but I just can't see him wearing these colors.



I also got a Baby Surprise kit to knit for Meagan. Doesn't it look cute with these little corduroy overalls?

Baby Surprise kit from Blue Moon in sock candy; overalls from Hanna Andersson


A few fall yarns have wended their way to my doorstep.

From top: STR Leightweight, a Rare Gem I am naming "Bride of Cluckula" that L-B bought me at Stitches East; Strickstduschon Sockenwolle in "Indische Gewurze"; Sheepaints Bamboolaine in Autumn Forest; Strickstduschon Sockenwolle in "Goldener Oktober."


I also got a haul from Wollmeise:

Sockenwolle, clockwise from top: Zenzi medium, Granatapfel, Brombeere, Poison No. 5, Zenzi dark


Despite the feeding frenzy when the Wollmeise shop reopened on October 1st, I was able to grab Wollmeise Lace-Garn in Spice Market.



I got up early enough to catch the Harvest Moon setting through the trees before Halloween. It needed a better photographer. It was HUGE!



And, finally, Paul did surgery on Trusty's favorite toy. Anyone interested in watching Paul do surgery, I've documented the procedure on my Photos site.

Kommentare:

Margene hat gesagt…

You show the best yarn p0rn!

Terri hat gesagt…

The Lenores look lovely. Maybe I should move those into my queue?

I hope Grinchy Grouchy makes it to your needles soon. That looks like a fun knit.

MMM Spice Market....

Joanne hat gesagt…

It looks like Trusty was very concerned about the health of his toy! But I'm sure Paul fixed him right up :B

Stilaholic Nartian knits hat gesagt…

Nice Wollmeise haul! I'm curious to see what you make out of the Zenzi.

As for the BSJ kit, if there's enough in their for a newborn jacket, shoes & hat, there might be enough for a 1 yr old jacket. I'm just not sure there would be enough for my off the chart 2 yr old.

Tola hat gesagt…

oh what lovely yarns!

so when i was in jr high, we all of us kids went to the dentist. i got a new yellow toothbrush (my old one was blue). my brother went to scout camp a few days later, and my new yellow toothbrush disappeared. so i used my old blue one. a week later, both my brother and my yellow toothbrush returned. i kept on using my old blue one. his defense was, his old one was yellow.

Lynn hat gesagt…

My friend Angeluna has been knitting a pair of socks in Wollmeise. I'm still happily stash-busting, but maybe next year...

Laritza hat gesagt…

I absolutely love Trusty's look of concern during the procedure! He is the cutest dog!

KnitNana hat gesagt…

OMG...hysterical. But I can think of worse things than The Meezer chewing my toothbrush...not a lot worse, but worse...
:)
I LOVE LENORE. OMG. And if "The Raven" series didn't have a Lenore? I'd be disappointed...

And, as usual, your yarn p0rn makes me want...badly!
(((hugs)))

No tickers