Donnerstag, November 08, 2007

Utah Stars

No, I am not talking about Marie Osmond, although her YouTube video is entertaining enough. It's not the fainting that I find interesting, but watching a nearly-50-year-old woman jumping up and down in a foofy dress like a 3-year-old.

I'm talking about our crop of famous knitwear designers.

This morning I clicked on Knitty Reader and there was Miriam, already famous from having a knit on the cover of The Best of Interweave Knits. She has a wrap in IK Winter, too. Miriam has more patterns at MimKnits.com.

And then there's Susan, with shawl patterns and sock patterns popping up around the internet everywhere you look.

And we have Nancy Bush, whose classic books introduced a generation to sock knitting. How many people do you know who have their own private Yarn Harlot post.

I'm sure there are more that I have forgotten.

Utah is a nice place to live. It's beautiful. The sky is huge. The trees change color. It's pretty safe. It has mountains. It has knitting.

So there you have it. Utah.

Kommentare:

Margene hat gesagt…

We are a State full of good surprises!

Tola hat gesagt…

reminds me of a Jimmy Buffett song: "It's Midnight and I'm Not Famous Yet".

Joanne hat gesagt…

We are so cool! Thanks for sharing the links!

No tickers