Donnerstag, November 29, 2007

Square-ribbed



Down dropped the breeze, the sails dropped down,
'Twas sad as sad could be;*
That square-ribbed joke is pretty dumb,
But it's how they look to me.

Or maybe it's a horde of bats nesting in the ceiling.



Of course this isn't everybody. Socks with holes are in the sewing room waiting to be repurposed. I am wearing socks. There are a couple left in my drawer.

One repeat of monkey lace:

Edit:Yes, this is four little sock toes on Magic Loop: Cinderella socks for M1 and E.


Just a few months ago I was complaining that I didn't like Magic Loop because I got a too-tight column of stitches where I started each new side of the needle. Now I am doing all my socks on magic loop. I discovered that since the needle and the cable are almost the same size, I don't have that problem with the first stitch becoming either too loose or too tight.

  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus--or is that Saturn?


  • You Are From Saturn

    You're steady, organizes, and determined to achieve your dreams.
    You tend to play it conservative, going by the rules (at least the practical ones).
    You'll likely reach the top. And when you do, you'll be honorable and responsible.
    Focus on happiness. Don't let your goals distract you from fun!
    Don't be too set in your ways, and you'll be more of a success than you ever dreamed of.


    *Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge

    Kommentare:

    Tola hat gesagt…

    i like bats. or maybe the socks could be bunches of herbs or wildflowers, drying from the rafters of the old kitchen. when you want a goofy book, read A Nun in the Closet by Dorothy Gilman. you can thank me later.

    Lynn hat gesagt…

    I wasn't too thrilled about Magic Loop when I first tried it, and I still love my DP's, but it has saved my sanity on the November Mystery Sock.

    So now you like ML so much that you're knitting *two* pairs at once? Or is this going to be a scarf with a toe-bump fringe?

    No tickers