Montag, Oktober 08, 2007

I am still here

I am on a project-starting kick.

I cast on the Yarn Tree Club sock, which is in cochineal-dyed Hand Jive Knits Nature's Palette sock yarn and has a really pretty twisted-stitch pattern. I am about half-way through the ribbing.

I cast on Wiggles and Waves, a baby sweater in Print O' the Wave pattern, (sorry, I don't have a link for it) in STR mediumweight "Gingerbread Dude" with "Brick" trim.

I cast on the socks from MagKnits in STR Count Cluckula.

I swatched, did Herculean calculations, and cast on Brambling for Princess P. in cotton chenille yarn that is absolutely nothing like the yarn called for in the pattern, and which has a completely different knitting gauge from its finished, washed gauge (boy, I sure hope my math was right).

At dinner Laurel had said Princess practice her Princessly table manners, conversational skills, and the elbow wave. I was a bad example and discussed recipes for cooking rats, over dessert.

I did not take any pictures of knitting. Maybe I will later.

I finished section one of three on my recorder piece, but I don't like the end of the section and need to fix it in the morning. I mean, later today. I think I know exactly what to do on section two, but a lot of times when I sit down to work thinking I am Mozart, when I get to work I find out that I am really Tan. OK, this doesn't happen a lot of the time. It happens all the time. What a surprise.

Wish me luck.

1 Kommentar:

Tola hat gesagt…

why the German? just curious.

No tickers