Donnerstag, September 20, 2007

What's Wrong With This Picture?

P9090008

No, I'm not talking about the floor. I'm talking about the full dish drainer and the dishwasher still being used as an adjunct drainer. I'm the person who washes three loads of dishes in the dishwasher rather than wash ANY dishes in the sink. The only things I wash in the sink are my non-stick cookware and my red knives.

My dishwasher has been broken for six weeks. I hate Sears. They did come after an entire month! and install a new motor, which turned out to have a bad seal and flooded the entire kitchen. Lucky we hadn't installed the new cork flooring already. Now I not only have to do dishes by hand, but the kitchen smells moldy.

What does this have to do with knitting? It's kind of an either/or thing. Dishes or knitting? Knitting or dishes? Hmmm.

Note: today's photos are on Flickr, so you can click to see more detail.

Check out the Halloween socks. This is Yarn Pirate "Spooky":

P9090001

P9090003

P9090004

Look how cute it is working up in Wendy's Frogwarts Socks pattern!

P9190001

I waited to start the stitch pattern until after the heel because my black clogs are the weeist bit tight, so I wanted a totally smooth foot. Wendy has an interesting heel turn on these socks, by the way. I used Judy's Magic Cast-On, which I love, and the associated toe, which I think is easier to do than the short row toe I usually use. However, after trying the sock on, I think it feels a little bit rigid. Short row is so comfortable to wear.

I have posted about the Great Basin Fiber Arts Fair separately, so scroll on down for a second middle of the night blog post. It's either feast or famine here at the Vortex.

Kommentare:

Margene hat gesagt…

It was nice to see you at the Fair! We had a great time and I wish we could do it more than once a year. I hate Sears, too. ;)

Laritza hat gesagt…

Cute socks. They look so different from the yarn. The guy with the walking wheel was great. Thanks for the pictures.

uberstrickenfrau hat gesagt…

Love love those socks! How cute are those???

Joanne hat gesagt…

Your socks are awesome! Sometimes... your blog is an enabler :) You find such good stuff!

Wendy hat gesagt…

It's so cool to see Frogwarts in such a fun c9lorway!

No tickers