Donnerstag, September 06, 2007

What to do for fun in Utah

  • Check out historical events


  • How about The Battle of Wellsville, for example? What, you say, you never heard of it? Check out Laurel's site It's looks more entertaining than The Battle of Yorktown, where I think we only saw one horse. I can think of some more battles that might be entertaining to reenact in Utah, but I have a morbid sense of humor so I will not pass that on.

  • Watch rare meteorological events




  • Hey, we live in a desert here.



  • Knit


  • While I was sick for a week with every symptom a sinus infection can produce, I did not have enough energy to start anything new,* but as a trapped audience of one, I was able to weave in ends and block some things.





  • Shop


  • I wanted to stop at a new (to me) yarn store on the way home from the doctor (the doctor prescribed it, having been there on the weekend) but my head was threatening to explode so I had to go to the pharmacy instead. But when I got home there was a present from Webs.

    WOW!!!

    Araucania "Ranco Multy" sock yarn, color # 306


    I have solemnly promised myself not to start any more brown projects until I finish Paul's brown socks. I wonder where I hid them when I got sick of brown last spring?

    *I actually did start the Stripy Vest for OE, in a burst of guilt-ridden, medication-fueled mania. It is nearly finished.

    Kommentare:

    Terri hat gesagt…

    OH, very pretty!

    I am casting on brown socks for Husband today. Go find Paul's and we can knit them together.

    Margene hat gesagt…

    I bought some of that yarn from Webs, too...Denim blue!
    The weather has been very entertaining lately!

    uberstrickenfrau hat gesagt…

    Hey, thanks for the heads up on the book The Painted Veil, I have it on request on audio at the library, if it stinks, I'll just quit listening! And I was so moved by your post XYZZY, I don't want to sound trite, but it was beautiful at all you gained but so sad at your loss.As a mom, my heart aches for you, but I, too, know the joy of dicovering I'm not stupid, like I thought I was all these years, only took me 45 years to believe in myself! Thank you for sharing your story, it resonated with me.

    Terri hat gesagt…

    Have you been knitting your(Paul's) brown socks? I was 1/2 way thorugh Husband's size 13 foot when I found a mistake I could not live with. Now I am back picking up the gusset.
    How are Paul's socks coming along?

    No tickers