Donnerstag, Juni 14, 2007

Be afraid. Be very afraid.



TSA Employee at PDX: Is this your bag?
Me: Uh huh.
TSA: [rifles through bag and pulls out the above-pictured knitting] What is this?
Me: Knitting.
TSA: [to TSA man at the X-ray machine] Hey, Bud--it's knitting needles.
Other TSA: [Guffaw] Oh, OK.
Me: [slinks away]

I guess maybe two socks on two circs with metal needles was not a good airplane choice. I don't even want to imagine what they thought it looked like. But I started these on two wooden circs, and the join on the Crystal Palace was making me SO CRAZY!

I have had some bad luck with Magic Loop because I couldn't keep the first stitch of a row starting on the cable rather than the point from being too tight or too loose. I knitted a sweater using that method on the sleeves, and had to use a crochet hook to loop up a whole column of stitches on each one. But on the other hand, now that I'm knitting two socks at a time I'm having to deal with starting a row on a cable all the time, and it seems to be going better.

I just can't take DP's on the plane. I drop them. I lose them. I break them. Maybe a lace project with a nice, repetitive pattern is a better choice for me.

Chris's recital was really super. He sounds so good now. Everyone send good wishes for him to start getting mainstage roles. He is ready! Many thanks to Sarah Jane Patterson at the Portland Opera for her help and support for Chris and his career. We love Sarah Jane!

Kommentare:

Laritza hat gesagt…

Hummm it is making me wonder what it will be like in Europe. I am traveling this Summer and I might end up with tatting shuttles. That would be better?

Joanne hat gesagt…

Too funny, you learn a new thing every day, right? ...I'm sure it can't be the strangest thing they've found in someone's bag :)

No tickers