Montag, März 19, 2007

Week at a Glance

Tuesday:

Joanne (right, with flowers) and I go to Salt Lake Stitch 'n' Bitch

Also in this picture are yarn and pattern designer Karen of Sleeping Dragon Yarns (left) and Miriam of MimKnits (center).


Karen had brought some of her hand-dyed yarns, so I bought one (not pictured).


It was Margene's birthday.





Thursday:

I finish the first Inside Out sock (shown inside out) from Blue Moon's sock club.


It's a toe-up sock, so I use another weird cast-off.



Setup Row: Knit 4
Row 1: sl 1, KBB 3(knit back backwards or turn and purl)
Row 2: sl 1, k2 (knitting forwards on right side of work)
Row 3: sl 1, KBB 2
Row 4: sl 1, k 1
Row 5: sl 1, KBB 1
Row 6: Cast off 4, k 3
Repeate rows 1-6 until all stitches are cast off


Friday:

I practice the harpsichord (more about this here)



Sunday:

Spring comes.




This tree and her rootlings appear to be the only feminine trees in our little woods. I have named her Sheila.


Monday (today):

I go with Laurel to buy fabrics for a Kaffe Fassett quilting class we've registered for. It was important to go with Laurel because she is an actual quilter and I am only a wannabe. The colors overwhelm me. They don't bother grandson Q, who had picked out 214 fabrics that he liked before I had come up with my little pile.



Coming up this week: I decide to become a more monogamous knitter and eat more frogs.

1 Kommentar:

Margene hat gesagt…

You had a busy week. I love squill flowers! Mine haven't come up as yet...they are in a shadey spot so a bit on the slow side. Isn't it grand that we have Kaffe coming to SLC!?

No tickers