Donnerstag, März 01, 2007

Bleah

Why is it that when you have a cold and need your sleep to recover, you can't sleep?

In my case it's probably because I took a 12-hour non-drowsy Sudafed, which was all I had on hand because I did not take time to stop and buy a package of Nighttime Sudafed.

So I got up at 4:00 a.m. and Kitchenered the 10 toe stitches on my Marble Arches socks. I finished knitting these at 4:00 p.m. yesterday, but since I was expecting a piano student to show up I didn't finish them. As it turned out, said student was late so I might as well have done it yesterday.

Anyway.

Here they are on the blockers:



And here they are without the cat:



I tried to control the pooling to make the socks match. I tried knitting a short row on the bottom of the second sock, then later a second, shorter row, but the sock went right back to whatever it wanted to do so I gave up.

This pattern started with 72 stitches in the cuff, then dropped to 64 for the foot. The STR stripe pattern definitely came out better on the 72 stitches.

STR lightweight fits in my shoes a little better, but this medium weight sure knits up fast. I had started the second sock on Tuesday immediately after finishing the first one, and had it finished in less than a day.

This has nothing to do with knitting, but I feel sorry for Trusty because he doesn't have hands. Of course if he had hands, he would be a monkey or something instead of a dog. But he really needs hands. He was lying by Paul's dresser with his arm stretched all the way under it trying to get out his tennis ball. He knew it was under there and he could reach it, but without hands he couldn't get it out. Paul actually found FOUR of Trusty's tennis balls under there and got them out for him.

Then this morning since I was already up when the alarm went off, no one was in the bedroom to turn it off. When I finally went in there, Trusty was staring at the alarm clock trying to figure out how to turn it off. I suspect he knows how to turn it off, but just can't push that button without fingers.

He really is a very smart dog.

And now, back to knitting and knitting-related topics: Happy Blogaversary to Margene today. Keep up the good work! Have fun!

Kommentare:

Tola hat gesagt…

my personal word is "mleah", which i use with abandon. hope you feel better soon!!

L-B hat gesagt…

They came out so well! I love the pooling!

Phoebe hat gesagt…

Isn't it amazing that you think you're knitting socks when you're really knitting cat toys?

Anonym hat gesagt…

It's not so much the lack of hands as it is the opposable thumb. My dogs paw the doorknob & basement window, but there's not enough torque to get them open.

No tickers