Mittwoch, Februar 14, 2007

Going Down the Garden to Eat Worms

I thought my knitting classes last week had gone reasonably well. Short-row toes aren't the easiest thing to grasp, and everyone went home short-rowing. However, while Paul and I were on our way to Elko

Great Salt Lake


Salt Factory (can you tell which one?)


I got a call from Shannon at Hemstitched Heirlooms saying that stacks of people were having problems.

I explained what to do over the phone, but there wasn't anything else I could do about it, since I was out of town without a computer. So I knitted. Hard.

I knitted my second Winter's Eve (now dubbed Valentine's Day) sock.



I stitched the beads on a cap I started last winter.

From last year's Winter Rowan Magazine




The whole time I worried about the class members who were having problems. The words of the worm song kept going through my head:

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
I'm going down the garden to eat worms:
Big fat juicy ones, long thin skinny ones,
Oooey gooey, icky, sticky worms.

All I could think of was to make some changes to the pattern when I got home (that's next on my list).

I really appreciated the positive review Lark posted. I needed that.

Paul finished his lecture in Elko at about 8:30 p.m. their time last night. However, he also had a lecture to give in Park City, some 200+ miles away, at 7:15 a.m. We got to Park City at around 2:00 a.m. It was a short night.

We were shocked to open a newspaper at breakfast in Park City to learn about the horrible shooting that took place at Trolley Square Mall in Salt Lake. Margene has news links in case you want to follow up on it. We had been driving all over Nevada and Utah listening to Master and Commander and had not listened to the news.

We headed through Heber Valley and Provo Canyon





to an appointment with that all-around Renaissance woman, Sue Maturlo, who not only knits, weaves, spins, dyes, and plays the piano but knows her way around the endocrine system. I came away with a glucometer and plans to finally get my insulin resistance under control. Going to the doctor with my mom to learn how to manage her diabetes really put the fear into me. I made my appointment with Sue from the waiting room of mom's doctor!

So it's off to Weight Watchers (Sue recommends I learn how to follow the Core Plan, which is lower in carbs) this evening, and a return to the long-abandoned diet sweaters. Wish me luck.

Kommentare:

Margene hat gesagt…

Your pictures of the mountains are fabulous and the socks look great. It's been a sad couple of days. It's nice you got away.

Laritza hat gesagt…

The socks are lovely and the pictures wonderful. I have yet to meet the first person who gets the short row deal right the first time! Don't worry about it, they will all get to the "ah!" moment in time. The shooting was a sad deal.

Tola hat gesagt…

I still cant figure out short-row toes and heels. *sigh*

No tickers