Donnerstag, Dezember 28, 2006

What I did on my birthday

I wound Mustang Sally so I can start stringing beads for "Winter's Eve," Blue Moon Fiber Arts's final sock club kit for 2006.



I played in the snow with my grandkids (we don't put the kids on the web, but the snow is OK).



I kept warm with Christmas socks from my daughter-in-law, Joanne.



I picked out yarn for the MimKnits Hidcote Shawl (and joined a Knit-a-long for it).



I frightened away most of a flock of robins, trying to take a picture of them.





Paul gave me a painting for my music room.

The only downer was what I spent most of the day doing--taking Baby Arwen apart. I misjudged how many stitches I needed to cast on for the sleeves, which are knit in one piece with the front, and they're way short. So I hand-stitched steeks and cut off the arms. I'll finish the body and hood and see how much yarn I have left; then finish the sleeves. If there's enough yarn I'll add in a seed-stitch panel at the top to lengthen them. If not, it will have three-quarter sleeves. Sigh.

Kommentare:

margene hat gesagt…

I meant to come back and wish you Happy Birthday!! It looks like you had a lovely day.

L-B hat gesagt…

Snow! What a wonderful gift! Happy Birthday,Tan!

bonnie hat gesagt…

your baby arwen will work out...you'll figure out a way to handle it. after all, you're a knitter!

No tickers