No tickers

Montag, August 14, 2006

A blog is born


I thought I would finish my first Hippy Crunchy sock today. It was looking good when I took it to the organ recital at the LDS Conference Center in Salt Lake City.

I was startled to see that the organ has a 64-foot pedal stop on it. I didn't know there was such a thing. The organist demonstrated it for a small coterie of groupies (two of us). The sound was so low that I heard the oscillations as a whuff-whuff sound, rather than a pitch.

But then I made the mistake of taking the sock to my granddaughter's Scottish dance class. The teacher failed to show up, so there was nothing to watch but the sock. There was something wrong with the pattern at about the level of the heel. Trying it on only made it worse--it looked as if I had a rubber band around my ankle. I tried desperately to ignore this, but eventually I gave in.

I really need something a little more brainless to take on the road.

Kommentare:

Becky hat gesagt…

I feel your pain - that one takes some concentration - I started the pattern, ripped it out, started a new pattern, ripped it out and have now decided to go back to the Hippy Crunchy pattern.

Tammy hat gesagt…

That organ looks huge!! Do you play? I saw you teach piano. My mom did the music in college, I think it was a major in sacred music, so she plays the organ and piano. This is really neat!!

Rhonda hat gesagt…

I'm doing the Hippy Crunch now, but I started at the top & working down. Still working on the cuff. This is NOT an easy pattern. Not a happy relaxing knit at all. In fact, I agonize over the fact that I'll have to do a 2nd sock, LOL. I will be so happy to get it done, but will never make another pair. Good luck with your's also.